Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Week



The twenty-first day of the seventh month of the year 2010 was no ordinary day for me. It was the day I joined NIT-K.
I completed my admission procedure around noon that day. I got to experience mess food for the first time that afternoon. I must say it isn't as bad as people say it is. Though I must admit these days I am kinda fed-up of the "unvarying" curries that I have eat for lunch and dinner each day.
I decided to join the class at 2pm. So I reached the additional teaching block and said an emotional adieu to my parents.
Thus the journey began.
On the 26th, the first-years had the much awaited orientation. Dont know if sitting in an auditorium for three and a half hours listening to speeches about your college was anything worth the anticipation. It didnt end there, we were taken to our respective departments during the post-lunch session. And finally they called it a day at the beach where we all assembled to admire what NITK boasts of: a private beach. Note, the last three words made a big impression to my batch-mates from Bhopal, Bangalore, Patna, etc who never had the "chance" to see something as magnificent as the seashore ever in their life until that particular evening.
Now, three weeks into college I ask my self, does this journey have a destination?
I think...
And think.


No comments: