Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer holidays 2008-- Top 3 picks

New post! YAY... Well I’m sure you are not that excited...:D

Frankly, the reason I have not been updating this page is cuz I have not had the time for something as boring as this blog... Oh yes, I have had the time of my life, the past 45 days or so... Thought I’d share some special moments with ye all right here on this page... so that I have something to look back at come November and the always horrible ‘half-yearlies’ (or is it yearly’s? :D... I’m clearly losing my touch)

45 days is not much, but as they say, ‘time is where you can find it’ (who am I kidding? that is one crappy quote) ... Well I certainly found time to do a hell lotta things this summer .... And here are 3 of my favourites (not in ranking order)

1) Trip to Vythiri:- 2 1/2 hours and 9 hairpin bends away, the road to Vythiri resort itself wuz a fun experience (not the actual roads....that wuz just horrible... they said it wuz part of the experience...i feel its just baaaad roads)

Photobucket




The resort wuz breathtaking as I had expected, the rope bridge being the best part.

Photobucket


Photobucket


We ended up playing TT till 11 (the recreation room wuz supposed to close at 10)... The steward watched helplessly as we lost ball after ball in the nearby woods and yet refused to move... ( I know it seems rly stupid to be going to a resort in the woods and playing ping pong there, but hey! it’s atleast better than UNO cards, which wuz the original plan :D...Yes jeej, i’m pointing at u)
We left early next morning for Pookot lake, and there we found the ‘gulmaleil’ that we had been searching for ages.... ‘gulsitar’ too .... (i know it doesn’t make sense, and i wudn’t expect it 2, unless the esteemed reader wuz one of the party)
Bottomline, it wuz a fun experience.. nuff said...but not b4 i show u the best foto of the trip... Faizka, this 1 is 4 u
Photobucket
2) Family photo session :- As the great Atif Saleem once remarked “ Thou dost hath nothing after good times but memories and photographs “... and so the idea of a family photo session wuz born

It wuz just another photograph, except that I didn’t have to bring my fake smile at all... I cudn’t stop smiling on the 4th of August, 2008
Photobucket
3) I can think of many events for this position, including my cousin’s marriage, but there is one particular outing that I still hold dear... It’s not something that I can write about....but somehow, it remains as a memory that could drive the even the dementors away..

Photobucket

Thanks to all of those who made my summer special
Cheers
@if $>leem

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aced it.

Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun

zekky said...

Ironic, your were blogging of your top three picks...and the your first pick was Why 3...